Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Bikes and the Bees

If we get to school a few minutes early the boys get to ride the tricycles. They have these great two seater ones, so N can ride along behind S. I think it's the highlight of his day.



Yesterday evening after we got home from school, I noticed that there were a number of bees outside my back window (the one by the not-so-ingenious washing machine). Then I opened the door and saw:

This clump of bees (would it be a hive?) is probably close to three feet long. They are clinging to a support beam that runs over our balcony, though the main clump is probably five feet away. They all moved in yesterday. Nice. So, to the atmospheric brown cloud out my window, add the bees.

9 comments:

Brenny said...

Yikes! I'm all about not bothering insects in their natural habitat, but that is a little to close to your habitat for comfort.

Brenny said...

Sorry, all I could focus on where the bees. The picture of the boys on the tricycle is darling -- such buddies!

Hammy said...

Cute bike. And cute boys!

As for the bees, I'm breaking out in hives just looking at the picture.

Amy said...

I'm seriously considering getting a bike like that. But I don't want a hive like that--we had wasps last summer.

Marinda said...

I love that picture of them on the bike!! So cute!

ghd3 said...

Wow -- serious bees and a serious brown cloud. But man, that trike is cool!

Keri said...

The things you live with! You are truly an amazing woman. I'm going to write you an email soon. I've been following you on the blog and can't believe your life. Much more "exciting" than big D.

Mary said...

yer killin' me.

Nicole said...

Kathryn, so glad to hear you are all safe and having a great adventure. That trike looks like so much fun. I love all the pics and can't believe how fast N is growing up.