Monday, January 18, 2010

Time Flies...

... when you're livin' in your mother-in-laws basement.
I can't believe it's been nearly two months since I last posted, a pretty busy two months too. However, as I heard repeatedly from those who left India while I was there, life back in the USofA can seem pretty boring by comparison. Turns out that everyday can pretty much be the same here, you can always get hot water, your electricity is reliable. You're only relying on your dishwasher, washing machine, and car, not a whole staff of help. And, what do you know? The machines are for more reliable, but really far less interesting. So, I'm not sure what I'll be posting about... Small town Utah tales? Aren't my children cute posts? Pregnancy complaints?

Here's a few photos of the Holiday haps in our new/old world, to tide you over as I rediscover my blogvoice:

Snow Fort Building

Assisting Snow Fort Building

Sledding

Nativity Acting (and Picking)
Tidepool Exploring
Shoveling
OJ Making
Seeing 2009 Into the Sunset
Christmas with family in UT. New Years with more family in California/Mexico. It's been great to spend so much time with those we missed while we were so far away.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You could move to Hawaii for awhile and then you can blog about living in paradise. Then I could hang out with you!

Hammy said...

So glad to finally see an update.

I've been thinking about blogging about the giant disappointment one might feel when they get excited for a very close friend to be moving back and then they find out that the friend is instead hanging out in Price.

TX Girl said...

I'm with Hammy. I'm still bitter and refuse to communicate with said friend until she comes to her senses.

ghd3 said...

Glad to see you back (in the blogosphere). Here's hoping your stateside blogvoice emerges. Great to hear from you all. Great pics.

Annie said...

Please don't tell me you're never coming back. . . you're coming back, right?

bonbon said...

Good luck on "rediscovering your blog voice." And yah... I can see how finding things to blog about in Utah coudl get a ltitle difficult.

a little music said...

Ahhhh . . . life in Price! What could be more exciting?

Listening to your rice krispies . . .?

Watching the grass grow . . .?

Watching paint dry . . .?

Yup.

Welcome.

In the spring we'll take the boys to dig for fossils. That's really cool. We all have fun with that. There really are some neat things to do here. It isn't all bad!

jenafeldman said...

so good to see you back! Are you settled in UT or are you headed somewhere else in the near-term?