Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Goodbye




I really don't have a clue how to write this post.

My father in law, Dennis Blackburn, passed away very unexpectedly last Thursday. We will miss him terribly. He was a great father in law, father, and grandfather. He was a great example to Phil. I credit him with teaching Phil how to be the great husband and father that he is.

As a result we are back in the US earlier than we expected. We finished things up as quickly as we could in India, had our movers come a few days early, cancelled our travel plans, and returned to Utah to be with Phil's family. It was one of life's tender mercies that those arrangements all went as well as they possibly could have. We will be here for a few weeks.

And you miss out on all the witty little goodbye India posts I had planned. Maybe at some point I'll get back around to posting about our last few weeks there.

11 comments:

Alicia said...

Kathryn, I'm truly sorry for the loss of your father-in-law. My thoughts will be with you and your extended family during this time.

Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry! I am glad you could get there quickly to be with family.

TX Girl said...

Kathryn and Phil,
I'm so sorry. I'm glad y'all were able to get everything taken care so you could get back to the states quickly.

Amy said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bob and Joan said...

Talked to Liz today and learned of the mighty change for your family. This good man will be missed by so many. Our love goes to you and Phil, his mother, and your boys and the whole family. We will pray that you will have the Lord's support and comfort.

The Editor said...

Wow, so sorry to hear about your loss. Phil, what a good man you have for a father. Prayers go out to you and your mother during this very difficult time of sudden separation.

turleybenson said...

Oh my gosh, Kathryn. I'm so sorry. Tell Phil I'm so sorry, and I'm thinking about your family.

a little music said...

The entire community has just been so shocked by his loss. I know how deeply you guys are feeling this, too. Let me know if you need anything, ok? It was really good to see you, I just wish it was under happier circumstances. You looked so beautiful, even after all your crazy travels and not feeling well. All my love.

jenafeldman said...

Kathryn and Phil,
We were so sorry to hear about the passing of Phil's father. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

Sherwoods said...

We are sorry to hear of your sudden loss. I hope you are all holding up well. We are thinking of you guys!

ghd3 said...

Phil and Kathryn: I was so sorry to hear this news. Somehow, I'd missed it until Kathleen mentioned it to me earlier this week. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope yours is a peaceful holiday season, with joy and fond memories and many wonderful reminiscences of a life certainly well lived.

All of our bbest.