Thursday, October 22, 2009

Proud Owner

This took some getting. Fairly proud of it. Now that I have it. I had to have an interview; an interview at the Pakistani embassy. I had to go four days in a row. To get form. To turn form in. To have interview. To pick up visa. Plus there was the trip to the typist (the form had to be the original that they gave you, not available online, and typed) and the bank (to pay the visa fee) and the photographer (for those little pictures). How's that for adventure? Happy Birthday/Anniversary/Father's Day Phil.

Yeah, I'm not all that sad that a couple of the countries Phil really wanted to visit "on the way home," won't issue visas to Americans outside of the US. I don't know how many times I could do that.

And while I'm thinking about it, what do they do with all that paperwork anyway? And what about all those little immigration slips you fill out every time you enter and exit a country. Does anyone ever look at them? Do they get filed away forever? Do they have a huge bonfire every few months at immigration points worldwide?

I also like how my flash obscures any pertinent info, how's that for security measures.

4 comments:

Marie' said...

I think they do what hospitals do with our paper work. You should have seen the stack I had for the forth c-section at age 35. I was very special.
Can't wait for the report on those foreign visits.

Hammy said...

I can't believe you're going!! Can't wait to hear about it.

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Where else are you going and when do you start your journey home! Can you swing by Hawaii:)

Kathryn said...

We actually already went, last weekend. It was facinating, though might not make for a facinating post, we'll see.
We were planning a middle east trip when we're done, but we can't get visa's to Syria or Iran from here (I already knew Iran wasn't going to happen, but Phil was still dreaming). So now it's looking like a southeast Asia trip. We're open to suggestions.