Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Birthween

We had a Halloween Birthday party in S's honor last night in the park across the street. I realized I'm too much of a control freak to handle India or kindergartners with grace, and the combination is deadly. Very little turned out how I'd envisioned. It could have had something to do with the Halloween theme in a country that doesn't do carved pumpkins and plastic teeth. But hey, the six year old had fun.

We made paper plate masks, thanks to orangeyouglad.com. My joy at finding these masks made me wish I had something I could hire them to design.




And each kid got a pumpkin to decorate:



In lieu of bobbing for apples, we tied apples with strings to the monkey bars. "No hands" was taken very literally.
I think N is eating a lollipop in every photo we took. No idea how many of those he ate.

The weather was perfect. The kids costumes were a lot of fun. Happy Birthday S!





5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those masks are awesome. Wish our boys could grow up together!

turleybenson said...

Wow, great job! I often wonder how stuff like birthday parties will turn out combined with my whole "I don't like kids that much" thing. I suppose time will tell.

TX Girl said...

It looks really cute. Those masks are awesome. I'm sure he had a great time.

Brenny said...

Forget India, I think you'd be considered brave to have that many kids for a Halloween/Birthday party in any country. The masks are super cool.

Mikala said...

Great masks. I saw that you are expecting #3! Congratulations!!