Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Travelogue Nepal

So, I feel that my blog has gotten rather run of the mill (maybe it always was, but I flatter myself to think that my early entries were a bit wittier than those of late). Recently, I've tended towards travel and "aren't my kids cute" entries, which really aren't that interesting. So I wasn't going to post about our spring break trip, but it really was fabulous and so here it is:

We went to Nepal to do some hiking and spent a day in Kathmandu. Yeah, Kathmandu (as a kid it always fit in my mind with Timbuktu. Is it real? Where?). I was overwhelmed by the idea of planning and executing a family hiking trip to a foreign country so we had Crystal Mountain Treks arrange our trip for us. Here's my little plug: We were really happy with them. The guides and porters were excellent. The whole trip felt very individualized and we got lots of personal attention.

We spent three days hiking near the Annapurna Mountains, a day in Pokhara, and a day in Kathmandu. The day we arrived, and the first day we spent hiking, the mountains were completely obscured by the clouds. But then it rained, hailed even, and the result was beautiful mountain views. The boys were good sports, S transported himself almost the whole way, and N was pretty agreeable about spending so much time in the carrier.


Once again, there are labels, click on the bottom corner to view them.

7 comments:

Hammy said...

Those are fantastic pictures. A very cool trip and definitely worthy of posting. I don't know many who take family trips to Nepal. Arboretum trips are pretty run of the mill, but Nepal?

Brenny said...

I feel like all I ever say in my comments is 'wow,' but that is how I always feel. I don't mind your travel posts. You take such beautiful pictures and always give us a glimpse of life outside in the world.

The Editor said...

WOW! You did that with KIDS? A modern pioneer! Your blog, by the way, is never run of the mill. Are you kidding? You're in India!

Nana said...

Love those pictures! You really do get a feel for the experience. Never-to-be-forgotten experiences.

Keri said...

Amazing. Please post even if you think we might be bored...I'm always fascinated.

noelle said...

newsflash, kathryn: your kids are adorable, your trips are fascinating and we all want to hear about it! it's true. keep it coming.

We are a part of a happy family said...

I'm going to have to back up Noelle. For all the crazy stories you have going you have some pretty remarkable ones too (I guess remarkable can also go in the crazy category.)