Monday, September 29, 2008

Life Goes On

Last Thursday was my last day in our sublet apartment. Phil will be there until middle of this week, but N, S, and I headed to the states to wrap things up in Dallas and visit family. Which also meant that it was S's last day of school. Let's just say he wasn't overly sad to say goodbye to the teachers and students. I however, was. One of my favorite parts of the day has been the twice daily walks to school.

I love the morning walk especially. There are always lots of people out getting ready for the day, unloading delivery trucks, washing sidewalks in front of restaurants, selling tamales. The weather has been lovely the whole time, it usually feels fresh and clean in the morning after the evening rains have moved on. The intense city smells haven't picked up yet.

So as we rode the elevator downstairs on Thursday morning I was allowing myself to feel a little nostalgic already. I will definitely miss this apartment, this walk, this neighborhood. Then the elevator doors opened and I heard the words, "Oh bla de, oh bla da, Live goes on." The portera (she runs the garage in the building, takes care of the common areas) was listening to the radio. And my life had a soundtrack. Finally. Always thought I deserved one.

5 comments:

erin said...

sad. you guys are missed.

SKIPR said...

hilarious. totally tickled me. it was good to see you sunday:) it's always sad to move on after something has been so great. we wish you the best of luck..... and on to your next adventure.....best!

Brenny said...

Awesome! Lucky girl to get a sound track... Good luck with all the moving!

noelle said...

love it. and i miss you already. we'll have to have a little gathering before you really, actually, absolutely have to leave us... :(

Molly said...

love it! i think you have a great life soundtrack. i think i'll be on the look-out for my own now. hope you guys are doing well!