Friday, August 8, 2008

Tourist Fix

My parents came to visit and I finally managed to check a few things off my tourist checklist. Quite a few actually. Thanks Mom and Dad for being such good sports about the metro and for literally hauling the boys (well N at least) all around this city.
Here's the quick run down:



Of course there was Teotihuacan

Another visit to the Museo de Anthropologia

A very, very, crowded metro ride to the Baile Folklorico (I'm in love with the art deco interior of the Palacio de Bellas Artes)

We hit the Museo de Arte Popular

The zoo (to appease the masses)



A two hour, one way, metro ride to Xolchimilco

And a perfect day in the Zocalo starting with chocolate and churros in a chocolateria that's been around since 1935, passing by the Diego Rivera murals inside the Palacio Nacional, and spending some time in the ruins of the Templo Mayor just off the Zocalo. Finished off by a comparatively short, comparatively empty metro ride home only to be caught in the daily afternoon rain. We happily splashed our way home together.



And lots of time to play knights, pirates, knights, puppy dogs, knights, and whatever else came to mind.

3 comments:

Hammy said...

Looks fun. Gotta love padres.

PS We've had a lot of S-missing going on at our house. I also heard her mention the hope of marrying him some day. I guess absence really makes the heart grow fonder. I told her she had to wait 20 years or so.

Mikala said...

Hi! I enjoy reading your blog. What a great experience! Glad you can have family come for a visit.

Mary said...

I totally want to visit all those places. Can I come? Just me, not everyone (actually, just going into the other room by myself would be good right now). I love that picture with S in the tent--and the big smile in the little doorway. And how was that chocolate anyway?