Monday, August 25, 2008

La Vieja

I'm feeling quite old. A couple of sure signs:

I keep forgetting my age. Sucks when you're moping around about your age and you realize you're older than the age you've been moping about.

And I saw Batman this weekend. (That's a sign of old age right there, how long ago did it come out?) and I came out of the theater saying, "I don't understand, why did he turn bad?" "It was so violent." "The action scenes were too fast, I couldn't tell what was happening." "Who were the five people Harvey killed? Seemed like about a 100 people died in that movie."

Sheesh, it's embarrassing.

6 comments:

Brenny said...

Your true age. A rotten realization. You make me laugh. I haven't seen the new Batman, but I don't think you are alone in those comments.

Amy said...

At least your kids haven't started calling you "Oldylocks" like Paul's sister calls his mom.

Sherwoods said...

I just read the Delta post...what a nightmare! I am glad you guys made it home safe and sound. Oh, and don't worry...we just saw Batman last week and I am also not sure exactly who the five people were that were killed.

Hammy said...

Apparently, according to my spanish translator here, La Vieja can also mean "hot chick". I think you should go for that meaning instead.

Emily Busath Murdock said...

Speaking of Batman, I can't help but think of how much you look like Maggie Gyllenhaal.
Anyway, hope things are going well. Maybe we'll be here the next time you guys decide to move back to Dallas (we're back, too...we just couldn't stay away!)
And your boys are so cute!!!

erin said...

i walked away from batman feeling like i should go sing a primary hymn or something. you're not alone.