Monday, March 1, 2010

Pregnancy is bizarre

Some pregnancy symptoms just don't make any sense.
Why am I increasingly clumsy while it gets increasingly harder to get to the floor to pick up what I've dropped?
Why can't I breathe? What do my nasal passages have to do with it?
Why can't I remember anything?

And then there are the things that come and go with different pregnancies.
With S I was so swollen that I couldn't wear anything but my Jesus sandals, in November, in Philadelphia. But that one has disappeared in the following two pregnancies.
With N I regularly had leg cramps at night, but not with S or this pregnancy.
You don't want to know about the sweet new symptom this time around.

Just over a week until my due date. I'm ready.

9 comments:

noelle said...

oh, kathryn. i feel for you. but i cannot WAIT to see this third beautiful baby of yours!

Marie' said...

I have a good guess at your new symptom, only because that is the only one left of mine you haven't mentioned yet. Good luck! you are almost there!!!

turleybenson said...

I remember the Jesus sandals!!!

erin said...

i got a sweet new symptom with my latest, too. still waiting for the symptom to pack up and leave.

jesus sandals. love it.

Elizabeth said...

I could guess too, third one was the hardest for me. Excited for you!

a little music said...

I'm guessing it involves a great deal of pain when you move.

I can't believe you're already due. Time flies when you aren't the one who is pregnant!

Good luck!

Kim said...

I hope the next little while goes well for you! Hang in and good luck with delivery!

Liz said...

The baby will be here before you know it. Keep us posted and good luck.

The Editor said...

Kathryn! We are pulling for you. Just pretend the baby is due in THREE weeks, secretly prepare for an early arrival, then carry on life 'as usual' is my tip. You and Phil have such gorgeous children. We look forward to meeting Blackburn Number Three!