Monday, March 30, 2009

Typical Saturday


At our parent teacher conference S's teacher suggested that S could use a little more dad time (ouch). So maybe it was out of parenting guilt, or maybe it's because he just likes to play, Phil spent a GOOD chunk of Saturday building this airplane/space shuttle with S. It even has retractable landing gear, I'm impressed.


Then it was time for haircuts. N's first, and in typical second-child parenting style, we didn't take any pictures. S's first haircut was documented with video and still shots, and extended family pitching in. Dang.



And a late afternoon trip to Jantar Mantar. They are these huge astronomical observatories built in the 18th century. Phil could actually figure out how they worked. I just marveled at their size and climbed around a bit.


And you know what's cool? Sampling the watermelon before you buy... in March.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Holy Cow!!! (Nothing funny intended there.) It looks like N is about to fall out of your backpack from way up high there! Makes my toes hurt! Eeep!

That watermelon looks soooo good. Can I come for a visit? I'll buy the watermelon, and I promise not to drip on the rug! Then maybe I could get one of those smokin' hot saris!!! LOL

Hammy said...

It is funny to see N looking at the steep stairs.

Elizabeth said...

That is a great photo.

TX Girl said...

Aren't those the coolest. We saw the one in Jaipur. Although, I didn't have a kid on my back when I climbed the stairs.

Liz said...

Yummm, I have been craving watermelon, I don't know why since it is freezing here still.