Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ahh!

Top five things about the US that I've missed in the last year:

1. Green grass, especially Utah grass.




2. Dryers, nothing quite like warm, dry, sweet smelling laundry.

3. Being completely alone in the car.

4. Eating fruit without an antibacterial bath.



5. Family (cousins!) and friends.





What I haven't missed:

1. Dial-up: my parents have dial-up, which means it'll probably be a while before I post again (thank you Carrie for letting me use the computer). Hopefully you, my readership, (and I) will be able to survive the technology issues.

5 comments:

Marie' said...

Welcome back! Any reverse culture shock?
I am off to Japan, first time in four and a half years. I am always surprised when I go back how foreign I feel. Last time the lady at the department maternity store told my mom they don't carry clothes for such a fat person (me). She went on to say she couldn't believe my doctor let me get as big. I had gained 20 lb. at that point.

Brenny said...

Glad to hear from you and see you are enjoying your time stateside. Who is the missionary?

noelle said...

america is beautiful, non?

erin said...

your list is almost identical to my list of things i miss, except we don't have to worry about number four, although sometimes i wonder. and we do dry our clothes at the laundromat, but those hot smelly machines often do more damage than good. hope you get to have a nice, long summer break with plenty of fire ant-free kentucky bluegrass.

Kathryn said...

The missionary is my brother Ben, serving in the Utah SLC South Mission. So while I was in Utah I pulled out the "I live in India and I'd really like to take my little brother to lunch" line.